...fasten your race chains

27.8.09

Hasta La Vista

Alright. You can thank Comcast for not getting any Colorado pictures. Or a timely update. Seriously. It's been 2.5 weeks, 10 phone calls, a trip to the Comcast office, and my address still isn't in the "database".

Here are some terribly delayed CO trip highlights:






and, if you are so inclined, more here .

In other news, Philly is pretty cool. Although it will be much better after Axel finally gets here on Thursday. I joined a new team and they seem pretty cool, although quite the opposite of Wild Card. I'll probably race for Penn's team, too. The riding out here is lovely. It takes a bit to get out of the city, but once you do it's lots of rolling hills, quaint farms and twisty roads. I'm still learning the road network though, and haven't been brave enough to venture out on my own yet. This whole "terrain" and lack of a solid grid of roads is going to take some getting used to.

So this will probably be the last post on FASTGRRLZ for quite a while. I should probably start a blog of my own, but I doubt anyone would read it. Don't delete us from your GoogleReader, though. Maybe once Miz Miles gets to Portland we can trade stories on here about cross season...

-B.Chan, signing off

4 comments:

Ragfield said...

"pretty cool" and "quite the opposite of Wild Card"

Ouch :)

Dr. K said...

bC,

Let me know if you are headed to any races in the near future, I race up your way quite often. If not, we (you, me, dylan) should meet up for some weekend shenanigans.

QuickKarl said...

Glad you found a team, good luck.
Get out and ride with the guys now and then or you'll start riding like a girl.

Anona said...

OUCH .. a girl!??