...fasten your race chains

15.3.10

naps !

after yesterday's race, we went to Nicholas and ate reaaaaaally good food: vegan Mezza platter with hummous, tabouli, falafel, pita, some other sauce, a hot chick pea garlicky dish and lentils & rice :-)  Then Dan & I went home and took a 2 hour nap!  I woke up, ate the leftovers, and felt completely refreshed !!!  I hadn't recovered that fast in a while.  I rode to the grocery store and my legs felt almost fresh enough to race.  I realized that this feeling was due to 1) immediate post-race protein  2) big healthy vegan protein rich meal  3)foam roller use  4)nap.

Last year, I would regularly do twoadays (lift then ride) and I rode a whole lot.  This year I'm riding a lot also - frequently two rides a day - and working more, and I'm constantly fatigued.  I've been wondering what the heeeeelll is wrong with me, and I think it's just that I need more sleep!  Last year I'd get a nap in every day while I was training hard, but I never have time.  In an ideal world I'd take one at midday or the afternoon, but oh well...  so kids, if you have time NAP !

Today I was in the warehouse packing, which sucks because I stand all day (the day after racing) but is good because I listen to podcasts!  Today I listened to the new This American Life, the Moth, a short story by Vonnegut that wasn't very good, and half of The Picture of Dorian Gray.  Monday edification ..

2 comments:

bCHAN said...

foam roller? FROLLER?

SiouxGeonz said...

Naps just after LOSING an hour's sleep are also a really good idea!!!