...fasten your race chains

5.1.11

2011 !

hi hi!

I had a faaabulous time with B.Chan and Axel in Champaign. We got to hang out all day and eat snax, x-mas shop, buy groceries that we didn't use, scavenge... just like the good ol' days. We also saw Nick, Nick's kitty, Nick's soap sliver, E.Mart, Sochacki, Ethan, Peter & Susan... and D.Penn's beard made an appearance. The crew. Awww. Tear.

Now back in PDX. I got up early and I think I've made the decision to do intervals on the trainer rather than go out in the rain. It'll be raining tomorrow, so I don't feel like I am missing out.

I got back late late Sunday night. Monday I woke up to SUN and thought I'd go out for a longish ride. Wearing a long sleeved jersey and wind vest, I left my house and rode to Sauvie Island (it's flat!) to knock out some 30 minute tempo blocks. 12 days off the bike, and I was flying. I was made for that bike. About 10 minutes to go of the 2nd interval I felt like I was bonking. But I had eaten and watered enough. WTF? I could barely turn the pedals over. I was getting cold. I limped around the rest of the island and started to make my way home. I took a couple of breaks. I almost cried. I almost puked. I felt like I hadn't been on a bike in years. My quads hurt. My hip flexors felt like they were going to pop out of my skin. My arms hurt. I was freezing, and I noticed that other people were wearing winter coats and balaclavas. It was in the 30's and I had been fooled by the sun into thinking that it was warm out. I finally made it home.

It took me 10 minutes to find my keys with my frozen fingers. I ate food and then had to shower and ride across the city to class. What a nasty ride. Uh.

So, 12 days and I feel really sluggish! It makes me happy that I am not 400 pounds. Or that I'm not sick, or hurt, or whatever... just that I haven't ridden in 12 days.

Yesterday I did a kettlebell workout with the coach, and it was hard. I couldn't lift what I normally lift, and I'm hella sore today.

It will come back, but right now, the thought of zone 4 intervals makes me feel ILL.

---
In other news, yesterday I finally became a member of People's Co-op and I am excited! Their bulk section is outta control! And..AND..they have FREE yoga for members, 5 days a week, and at different times. Hell Yes.

Also, I applied and interviewed for a job! I really hope I get it. More on it later, but it sounds like a lot of fun, and it fits perfectly with life. I think I would be good at it. And B.Chan and I can work from home remotely remotely together!

Yesterday we bought so much food. That's another thing: getting back from a hell ride and finding oatmeal and a can of corn leftover from Thanksgiving corn-casserole making supplies is the worst.

---
And I hear that Axel is coming to sleep on our futon?
And we are all going to ride the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic together?
Takers?

1 comment:

bCHAN said...

Free yoga?? Froga!?! That's awesome. Jeeealous.