...fasten your race chains

11.1.11

NEW JOB!! YEEE!

I got a job!!

Oh man. Today has been craaazy. I don't want to sound too desperate, but this is just great news. I started freaking out when my credit card was declined. Then I went home and reviewed my accounts....and I was pretty much out of money. For thirty minutes I tried to compose myself so I could think of what to do next.... then I got the call, and I got a new job! Bingo! It couldn't be more perfect timing.  I'm a lucky gal.

It's a copywriting job for a youngish online cycling apparel company. I think it will be a of fun to write witty little blurbs about bike clothing. It's kind of my thing. And the company seems cool and easy-going and yeah... it is good.

Now I can keep my bike! I might sell those race wheels though. Selling those will allow for a couple more months of coaching, which makes me faster than the race wheels would. Excellent logic.

The morning has been productive since these events. I've called around to try to set up more job shadowing and volunteer with OT gigs. I've contacted people about babysitting/dog sitting for some quick cash. I've emailed someone who is looking to buy a set of Easton EC90 SLX wheels. And hour+ of yoga. My hips are open. I'm lifting kettle bells tonight. Getting faster and richer and more experienced by the minute... oh boy, what a life. I've never been broke before. Its weird. I knew it was only a matter of time though. If one decides to go back to school and not work, and ride bikes all the time, one runs out of money; that's just how things work. BAAAAAAAAAA!

Anyway, it is supposed to snow tonight, so I *might* have to ride the trainer. But there is a good chance of it clearing up before Thursday. Sorry East Coast kids!

Bam just scored an interview for volunteering at the hospital!

No comments: