...fasten your race chains

12.12.08

It's taken me a week to write about the State X race...  Sunday:  Dan, Nick and I drive to Chicago for the state race.  B.Chan and Axel were unable to come unfortunately, but for valid reasons.  Despite being a bit skeptical about my fitness after 2 weeks off, I felt great before the race!  It was COLD!  And we were right on the lake in Chicago--so cool.  The course was technical: there was a bit that went down a steep hill and under a bridge, then sharp left turn up a steep hill, then a long slow climb, then down through some barriers and up another steep hill with a barrier...then there was the embankment..and it was snowy!  It was slick and snowy, and it was melting so getting slushier.  I love technical stuff...this was great.  For once I didn't feel sick to my stomach either YES.  

I got a bad start and there was a bottleneck affect and i had to make my way to the front.  I got up there though and felt great--my lungs felt good and i wasn't about to die after the 2nd lap.  I passed the third place and was gaining on the 2nd place girl.  I felt pretty secure about it..i actually felt strong !  Eileen was in front and I didn't see her though.  On the third lap I was climbing a steep slick hill after the bridge bit and I hear someone behind me say "hurry up!" so I climbed..umm duh... and then he was behind me on a flat section and he said "Junior coming up behind!" and since there was a narrow track in the snow and I was in front, I stayed where I was and said "Go around me--or tell me which side!" and he yelled back "Oh, so you're going to fight me for it?!?" and went right through, knocking me down.  Then the Junior who was following him almost crashed into me but missed, and the kid who knocked me down was laughing and climbing.... I got pretty damn pissed.  I got up but the 3rd place girl passed me and the 2nd was way way ahead.  So my reaction was shitty...I was so pissed off that I didn't go quite as hard as I should have.  I am angry at myself for reacting as such.. that's the last time I give up just because someone is being a dumbass.  I think I finished 4th.  After the race I went to find the Junior (xXx) who took em out.  I spotted him and as I approached I heard his buddy say "hey, nice job taking that guy out on the 3rd lap!" ...when he said that I was like "HEY--that wasn't cool.  Next time pick a fucking side and go around"  he said "...ok...um...nice race"   ... fuck...you..     (the photo shows the douchebag Junior)

 note: taking out a women's cat 4 is really lame...  especially if you are a junior, in first place of a field of 3 people, two of whom are half your height.  lame.  

So on a different note, I am delivering a lot more.  I worked for JJ three times this week, and Thursday I did twice as many deliveries as usual, and made twice as much $$$.  It's so fun!  Every day it gets more fun and I feel stronger.  Next week I'll deliver 3 or 4 times, depending on my legs.  Today has been the best lazy rest day...  

This weekend I need to plan the Texas trip!  B.CHan PLAN!

No comments: