...fasten your race chains

14.12.08

sunday same same


Today B.Chan called me at 10:14 to see if I wanted to ride.  I wasn't sure...I was thinking about the pancake/oatmeal stack I was going to make for breakfast.  Dan and I were making breakfast when Joe called and said he was coming over to ride trainers.  Since we obviously have to be more badass than D.Penn and Joe, I called B.Chan and said I would be ready after pancakes.  Becky, Axel and I headed south at about 1:30 or so.  The wind was fierce again but we rode a comfortable pace.  The whole way we were thinking about a tentative late December ride to Baltimore to celebrate Axel's 23rd year.  (ARG!)  Before we go to Sedorus, B.Chan turned around because she had to work, and Axel and I continued south.  We passed Sedorus on our right and rode until the road came to a T.  Then we turned left and rode for a while until I said it we should go back toward town...it was going to get dark and I didn't have lights.  The tailwind was sweet and my legs seemed to have recovered from yesterday more than I had expected.  We got back to town around 4ish.  Aw..today's ride was a bonding experience for Axel and me; though a mere precursor to the hellish and most badass Baltimore ride ever ever ever and ever and ever and ever and ever (Kinsey throwback)....

I am selling my Fuji Touring wheels to a guy in Asheville.  He is going to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway in late December.  Crazy.

The kitten has yet to learn how to ride a bicycle.

Pictured is my first road bike: posted for posterity.  

No comments: