...fasten your race chains

28.1.09

Well, it is snowing. Again. Seeing as this will be my last midwest winter for a looooong time, I have decided to adopt a new outlook on the freezing temperatures and snow covered ground. I will no longer gripe about my eyelashes freezing together in the subzero temperatures, or the bit of frost bite on the tip of my nose. I will no longer view snow as a horrible disruption of my training plans. Nor will I bitch about snow slowing my commute or drastically increasing the possibility of being pinned under a bus or other motorized vehicle piloted by an ignorant individual who has not yet discovered the joys of commuting in winter.

Rather, I will wake up every morning and be thankful for Pearl Izumi Lobster Gloves, being able to wear two pairs of tights under my pants, balaclavas and Smart Wool. I will relish the opportunity to ride my cyclocross bike across the illinois tundra, lift in the state of the art weight facility at the ARC, and watch endless hours of Sex in the City while riding the trainer.

And so it shall be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In other news,

It has been done

so ugh, congrats on the appointment to such an amazing position!

Unknown said...

those look warm....