...fasten your race chains

14.1.09

yay to Champaign Crit and putting tires on properly for better performance in snow !

Champaign Crit !!  Yes!  So excited.

Nice job B Chan, nice post. 

Last night I made my training plan.  It starts next Monday (rest day!) Jan. 19th.  I'm peaking at Quad Cities; hoping to Cat up.  Then I guess I'll peak again for Proctor and maybe Elk Grove and then for the last big one after that.  

Last night it snowed again..  I delivered today on Poprad and found, to my surprise, that putting the tires on properly--the tread in the right direction--greatly improved my performance in snow!  I didn't fishtail quite as much and actually did not crash at all.  Most of the time I was faster than cars.  I find that it takes a lot more energy to ride in snow because I have to concentrate more, and keep my core tighter and actually think about my form...  the moment I become lazy I start losing control of the bike.  Its great practice.  

I would like to commend Axel on his work at the bike shop--it looks great!  Maybe it just looks fresh and new, but really I think it is organized better and there is less clutter and less unsightly overpriced 80's stuff for sale.  When left unattended, the shop slips back into an un-hip decade and collects dust.  Good job Axel.  You and B.Chan have so many great ideas for the/a bike shop; I am always impressed.  Pink tires?  Yes please!

Yesterday I started school!  Anatomy and physiology.  Oh, so quotidian...   I find the topic so easy to visualize because it is so relevant to my daily life.  Before when I was in school I was a weird studying spaz machine; now my life is much more balanced, calm, and healthy...  I want to know how my muscles work and how my body uses energy and everything!  It's exciting!  We'll see if I say that in a few weeks though.  

No comments: