...fasten your race chains

26.11.08

BaltimRRR

Question of the day: Why don't I live in Baltimore?

I'm currently visiting Uncle Bob and MB, who live in Baltimore County, about 15 miles outside of Baltimore proper. I got in a little more than an hour today before I realized my seat clamp was loose and I had forgotten water and food and had to turn back. Lame. But it was definitely the most exciting hour+ I've put in since riding at Bandelier. There are some rolling hills, some short steep hills and some long slow hills. It was about 40 degrees outside and the wind was minimal. It was really exciting to be exploring a new area on my bike.

In addition to riding I made pita chips and am working on the last steps of apple pie assemblege. There is also a feta/scallion dip going, the beginning of stuffing and other goodies. I have a feeling tomorrow's spread is going to be quite impressive. Thanksgiving really is the best holiday ever.

After food prep George and I made a quick store run to pick up gatorade and other last minute Tanksgiving supplies. Tomorrow morning I'm going to head out for a couple hours (with hydration!) before festivities begin.

Hrrm Natchez Trace. I agree that it would be risky. I've been kinda worried about the cold weather campingfor a while now. I do like this idea of Arizona or Texas. Honestly, not that fond of the idea of shipping my bike, but what's a girl to do? I was in the Davis Mountains in west Texas for a couple days over the summer and it was really pretty and had nice roads. I'm not sure what winter is like down there, but that could be something to look into. If we could somehow get to Big Bend that would be super super fun. All good stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: