...fasten your race chains

24.11.08

today i might try to create a training plan in the airport. or i'll stare blankly at the moving walkway and listen to public enemy. hmmm.. actually it is time to start thinking about nachez trace! today i'm on my way to asheville, a city through which the blue ridge parkway passes. the Parkway was my first non-supported ride. we carried our gear and camped; i went with my dad and his buddy dale. i learned to feel pretty righteous on my loaded Fuji Touring when those triathlete cats on Orbeas passed us and yelled "only a little bit further!" ugh or the college boys who got their daddies to sag them in their RVs.. HA! day trippers anyway time to plan Nachez Trace. It's going to be cold. Cold. Cold. And creepy south. No big hills though, and perfect January timing for some solid foundation miles. I'll talk it up with my parents--they rode it a few years ago--and get some tips. BChan, we'll be loading up on fried catfish soon if all goes right. YacK! It'll be great.

No comments: