...fasten your race chains

17.11.08

props to "Sandpit Chan"

...and yes, BChan owned the sandpit as the only one in our Cat of 22 to make it through! Yes ! I was not as excited about racing Sunday because the course looked so flat. I like technical stuff and hills because wind and flatness just get me... I just feel so small and slow because there is so much ground and so much air. With a hill, at least I know where it starts and ends. It's stupid and I'll get over it because I live in central Illinois. Anyways, I finished 2nd. I finally beat the overall #1 of the series, Eileen Neville, but the Vision Quest(?) grrrl came in first. I had a shitty start but got in the front pack halfway through the first lap. Going over the barriers were sloppy but my remounts were a lot smoother. (Thats what she said). I tried to catch #1 --not counting the collegiate girl who should be pro--but it wasn't happening. I pedalled through turns and didn't brake much except for one corner where I always braked and got pissed off because I braked especially because that's where the crew was standing and shouting at me not to brake... (what?) Overall good race, fun, but not as fun as the week before. Can't wait till the one in Chicago ^_^

Now I am visiting my grandmother in New Hampshire. No bike. I ran today and now it hurts.. Today I ran on pavement and grass and did a few pathetic intervals, but next time I want to run sprints in the cemetary nextdoor because it's grassy.

I want to change my hairstyle but I have few options.

Goodnight!

No comments: