...fasten your race chains

9.4.09


B.Chan is on the Grand Tour d'Universidad and will be back Sunday.

I am sore! All weekend I turned Hillsboro over & over & around in my head...then I cooled off..

D.Penn and I made an epic trip to AmKo (asian grocery store) to pick up all kinds of good food. We're on this pizza and somen (noodle) kick. Not together. One night we make pizza, the next calzones, the next noodles, the next noodles... like that. Our most recent pizza variation was a calzone stuffed with kale, sweet potato, black bean, cilantro, red peppers, yellow peppers, poblano peppers and pineapple. I'm often doubtful of Dan's combos (like black beans on pizza), but they always seem to taste delicious. Tonight we made noodles topped with oyster mushroom, snow pea, burdock root, red and yellow pepper, with salmon and kimchee and vegetable dumplings. We've eaten a whole jar of kimchee since Saturday night.

Monday I woke up early and discovered that M.I.A. makes the best beats for intervals!  Tuesday I mistook many reps of the one-leg leg press and lunge matrix for a great idea...and to top it off, I rode through the 25 mph wind to the Centerville loop for some little hills.  Yesterday I rested because I could barely walk.  Today I took advantage of the windless air and rode to Centerville again then back through Mahomet, trying to keep my cadence super high because I'm a natural born masher.  Also practiced cornering for a few minutes, but I should return to that for a longer session at higher speeds.  Tomorrow I hope my legs feel more spritely so I can get in some more intervals.  

My sister's bike was stolen (she left it unlocked in her front yard...) so she is hoping to get a Gary Fisher Simple City!  It's the ideal bicycle for a fashionista who rides to school & work every day in four inch heels and a zany outfit.  She can fit groceries and Hello Kitty paraphernalia in the front basket and the internal 8 speed hub is virtually maintenance free! Wicked!  <3>

5 comments:

QuickKarl said...

Glad you are alive, was beginning to wonder. You do have strange food concoctions, but it must work. hope to see you next Tues for crit practice.

Erik said...

I'm jealous of your cooking ventures... I now feel like I might need to stop by Am-Ko on my way home. Sadly, I really don't want to lock my bike there (well anywhere for that matter). I really need to finish building that commuter.

Anona said...

i brought my bike into AmKo a few times after the wednesday night ride last year. I felt like a douche at first but no one minded..

and YES i'll be at Crit practice!

Erik said...

Well, I drove back there... it was a good idea. I will remember to just take the bike inside next time.

SiouxGeonz said...

Hey, it's a culture shift. People have baskets in stores, why not bikes?