...fasten your race chains

22.4.09

wednesday nite ride

Ah ...  tonight I skipped out of work early (thank's John Henry Birkenstock!) and went to the wednesday night ride.  Good turnout.  Hella windy.  We rode west toward Centerville and then cut north and back east to town.  It was a gorgeous day and nice ride.  A few miles out of town, the guys in front just started cranking and I stayed with them for a couple minutes and then my legs just quit.  I tried to get on a wheel...another wheel....a wheel.... and then got dropped.  I made it back to my house totally spent...  Ahhhh     I feel good because I made more of an effort to stay with them, and I tried to anticipate an attack rather than space out while riding.  I gave more of an all-out effort than last Wednesday and feel much better (or worse) because of it!

D.Penn & I made pizza with okara "meatballs", asparagus, spinach, onions and garlic.  Deliiiicious.  We have pizza every day now.

Tomorrow we are having a picnic!  

3 comments:

epon said...

It's not a Wednesday ride if I'm not overwhelmed by the urge to puke atleast once after getting shelled out the back of the fast pack. Apparently this is the way to develop. I've found if I dont stay up on my water fortified with maltodextrin and and/or cytomax and the DIY gel with maltodextrin, honey and brown rice syrup I have real difficulty maintaining the pace towards the end. The legs just dont have pep and my attitude about pushing that hard goes in the toilet. Good times though. <3 Fight Night.

QuickKarl said...

Glad you came, yes the ride is hard, but you learn and become harder.

Anonymous said...

I too am an avid bicycle rider however, I was totally exhausted on my first time out down Green Street. Is there a special diet that I can follow to help build up my endurance? I think I may have gained about 10 lbs over the winter! Uugh!But there are so many diets to follow that I don't know which would be the best!