...fasten your race chains

2.4.09

mua ha ha..

Got ya Mr. French !  (but thanks for the kind encouragement)

I love bikes!  

Yesterday after work B.Chan, Axel & I took an hour recovery ride.  This is Becky's and my rest week.  I hope to be in good form on Saturday, and will begin interval training thereafter.

I'm reading Joe Friel's newest edition of The Cyclist's Training Bible.  The 4th edition differs from previous versions in that it talks about POWER !  Endurance is my strength.  Broadly speaking, Force and speed skills are my weaknesses.  I'm pretty excited to begin doing intervals and I hope to see some changes soon. 

I really need to learn how to better analyze the data from my powertap..  the program Training Peaks WKO+ would help.  Does anyone know if it's possible to share this program?  B.Chan and I were thinking about that....but we don't know if it would work.  

We got a Surly Long Haul Trucker in at the shop.  I blogged about this bike on the shop's blog (it's new..and weak...but we're gonna try) and I'm just generally excited about it.  Yay Touring !!

  

3 comments:

Anona said...

ooh too much info i gotta be careful....

hillsboro? what's that?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you probably shouldn't let the world know when you are really ready for a big race...but now I know whose wheel to follow! Or at least who to get into a break with. ;)

Anona said...

this is just the first race morgan...no one is that well trained for it yet.