...fasten your race chains

27.4.09

SO it's been windy.  WINDY!  

Yesterday Nick & I went to Kickapoo and rode mtn bikes.  My second time on my 29er and first time mountain biking in SHORTS and a SS jersey and not wearing booties, tights, 5 hats, 15 base layers....   it was SO FUN !  I love mountain biking.  It's easier for me to put out a max effort mountain biking than road I think.  The obstacles are so tangible...you do whatever it takes to get over them.  The 29r rolls over everything, but it's fairly difficult to maneuver around hairpin turns and some corners.  Still I love the bike & the riding.. Ahhh

After Kick, I came home and Dan & I rode the tandem into 67 mile per hour wind to Friar Tuck to pick up the maltodextrin and some DogfishHead 120 Minute IPA (!!YUM!!) and then we went grocery shopping.  We made Chinese style dumplings and noodles for dinner.  It took us forever to prepare, and the result was a fairly doughy dumpling.. but delicious.  

Last night I went to bed early and this morning woke up and did an hour recovery ride.  It was hella windy.  Hella.

I'm deciding my plans for the weekend.  Got a couple of races to choose from.  The Fat and Skinny Tire Fest in Indiana looks like a great time (thanks Jess!)  

ok g2g kthxbai <3>

4 comments:

Ragfield said...

How about Tri the Illini this weekend?

BTW, I passed you and Nick on I-74 on the way back to Champaign yesterday. I had been running at Forest Glen.

Anona said...

Triiii? Oh oh oh... I don't want to get my hair wet.

Ragfield said...

Well then you're in luck. You'd have to wear a swim cap anyway :-p

Sloeber said...

If you like the 120 Minute give the Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-Down ale a try. I reviewed both of them here fwiw: http://thelifeof.saltyendeavors.com/blog/?page_id=91