...fasten your race chains

9.3.09

back on the bike & VO2 max finaaaaally

Awesome job b.Chan, at bikes and at grad.school !  i think you should go to oregon.  we can race 'cross together :-)

So I've finally recovered fully from being sick and I kind of wasted the weekend in terms of riding... Saturday I worked at the shop.  It was super busy and I had a great time--I love when people are excited about bikes, or when they buy their first bike..ahh it really can be a fun job sometimes.  However, I didn't get to ride Saturday, and that sucks...  D.Penn and I went to bed so late Saturday night, and then woke up early to help Scot move.  He has so much stuff.  A million bikes.  About 20 boxes full of spokes.  Insane.  I will never own that much stuff.  At the same time, Scot's material life has a cool museum-like mystique that I really like!  Sunday was hella windy--we saw a tree fall on a house--and we were tired, so we didn't ride.  I hate not riding on Sunday, so next week it's on!

Today I went for my third test with Lindy and finally got my VO2 results.  I am pretty thrilled with my max score!  It was a great mood booster after being off the bike last week and wasting the weekend.  No excuses now...  My Wingate intervals (whatever they're called) kinda suck.  I'm not used to doing sprint intervals and it's not my strong point, so my fairly low max power didn't really surprise me.  It's ok though because intervals are the next thing I'm going to concentrate on in my training.  I feel as though I don't even know HOW to go all out so it's just a matter of learning and pushing myself.  Lots of room for improvement, but at least I don't feel doomed to failure due to shitty genes.  Thanks Mom & Dad :-)

Oki tomorrow = big test = must study.  Yuck.  Tonight Sir Penner and I are making vegan enchiladas and a vegan chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for his parents.  Trying to convert them...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you going to share with the world what your wonderful vo2 max is?

Anona said...

i got a 64
so what was your wingate like? Pretty good right?

Anonymous said...

64? holy s***! i bet with some focused training, you could get that up even higher...you are built for endurance, girl!
my wingate was pretty nice...almost 13 watts/kg for my peak power (922 watts), with over 500 watts as my 30 second average...but then again, thats what i am built for...

Anonymous said...

oh, i guess i should share my vo2 max...a measly 49

Anona said...

well I guess we all have VO2s higher than average! ..but duhh we ride bikes and are in shape :-) that's a really good power average too grrrl, as far as I know! no excuses now !