...fasten your race chains

11.3.09

B.Chan and I had a fun ride yesterday.  We rode south toward the town that is southeast of campus, and then turned west toward Pesotum.  We were going to turn around and go back toward campus on first street but I said "the weather is perfect!" and we kept riding west.  Of course, it started pouring right after I said that.  It was in the 60s and the rain was pretty warm, so it was actually really refreshing.  Usually I don't try to push Miz Chan to stay out later than she is planning, because she's actually got school and a million other things to do besides ride all the time, but I was happy she wanted to keep going.  The storm was in the southwest skies and the sun was beginning to set.  You couldn't really see the campus power plant smoke/steam stack in the distance because of the mist.  We had rear lights and B. had a front light and our cell phones were safe in baggies so we were set.  I love riding in the rain if it is warm enough!  Even the wet chamois isn't too big a deal, but I guess I'm just gross like that.  We rode back through Savoy and got home just as it  was getting a little too dusky to be seen.  We got 40 miles in and we pumped ourselves up by talking about racing!  When I got home D.Penn was making a delicious stir fry and we shared the last piece of chocolate peanut butter cake :-)  Oh, and I had a mad craving for PBR.  

Now it is back to 40 degrees and I'm going to go deliver!  

1 comment:

Emily said...

I would like to share cake and PBR with you and D Penn. Let him know i said so.