...fasten your race chains

21.3.09

Good news from B.Chan today (!!!) but I'll let her tell it ..

Marion, IL; parent's house.  Went out for 24 miles today with Dale and got in more hills than I would in Champaign (not saying much), but it's just a sneak preview of what is to come!  I am itching now to ride harder...I have a good base I think and now need to work on intensity.  I'm not going nearly as hard as I can.  Today I wore the heart rate strap for the first time--found it in a pile of Dan's stuff that I cleaned up while he was gone--and it was really cool to see.  My heart rate was almost up to what my max was during the VO2 test, and I know I could have worked harder.  This week I anticipate some epic rides and upon returning to Champaign some more intense rides with intervals and such.  Yippeeeee  ("That's what SHE said" is an appropriate response to this post.)

Tomorrow I'll ride with my parents.  80% chance of rain...

No comments: