...fasten your race chains

17.3.09

LIKES AND GRIPES TUESDAYS!!!



Is it really Tuesday already? I'm such a slacker.....

LIKES


1. Recycled soda can earrings from the B.Lime store! My mom got me a pair while she was here over the weekend. They're pretty cool, but watch out or they'll cut you in the jugular!
2. High School Musicals [not to be confused with Disney's Highschool Musical] Especially those that are Barry Manilow themed and have really awkward high school boys who can't sing cast as leading roles.
3. Yellow pedals. The Fuji got a make over!
omg B.Chan...so cute.  Now I really can't wait to make over my tutti-frutti schwinn after delivery season is over.  
4. This morning I was so excited to write my lengthy list of gripes, but now they are mostly gone!  Yay Likes!  Found out what's bugging Powertap and soon he'll be alright.  Pearl Izumi is going to take a look at the bibs that have a color-running problem and probably replace them.  I know more bones than I thought I did.  Let's see... my list of gripes is ever so trivial; they're nothing a friendly customer service representative cannot fix.
5. Cardinals.  They tweet out my window and remind me of my grandpa :-)
6. Aw guys, I pretty much like everything right now!  Chocolate labs hanging their heads out of car windows, spring rolls, tweeting birds, my bike, riding with B.Chan, Ivesdale, the sea history museum of Sadorus, spring rolls, spring rolls, dry flaky salt and dust stuck to my face, new tan lines, the lacrimal bone..


GRIPES

1. STILL WAITING FOR SCHMOWER TAP!  waiting for wheels...waiting for wheels....wait--
2. Corned Beef. We don't get along. In fact I've vomited every time I've eaten it. I wish I didn't like reuben sandwhiches so much....
3. Being stuck inside doing homework while its sunny and beautiful outside. Wasn't 4 months of winter punishment enough?!
4. Foot pain.  The bone (metatarsal?) proximal to the medial phalanx protrudes and becomes inflamed when I ride.  Today is the first day I noticed it to any great extent, and it was pretty painful.  My grandma has bunions, so maybe that's what it is....but I thought only old people got those.  Bummer.  I'm going to get some shoes that fit better.  Anyone looking to buy a used size 41 Sidi road shoe?  They're comfy, I promise--as long as you don't have um bunions..
5. SILLY CAT KEEPS STEALING MY HAT!  Oliver, you stupid kitty... no matter how high I put it, you find a way to get it and drag it around the kitchen floor.  Grr.  And quit climbing in the toilet, too.  (I know you sleep on my pillow when I am gone.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute here...you like Ivesdale and Sadorus? What about Bement? Ya know, its only 6 miles from Ivesdale...and oh so much better!

Anona said...

I rode to Bement today ! But I didn't call you because I wasn't sure if you were there or not and i was anxious to ride back home and eat... Ahhh

Anona said...

There is a "High school musical" ad on this page UGh hilarious