...fasten your race chains

1.3.09

Weekend

So I opted out of racing this weekend so as to not do something overly competitive and destroy my knees for another couple weeks. I'm a lame-O, I know. But instead I went on the Wild Card ride with A.Miles, Jess, and all the other Wild Card guys. It was a really, really good ride. I definitely wasn't as fresh as I would have liked, but isn't that purpose of training? Anyways, we drove out to Kickapoo and did a hills circuit. I got really twisted around direction wise and my computer froze, so I have no idea how many miles we did, but there were a couple good hills and it was a really good workout. And the best news is that my knees are still functioning one day and a little ride later, so I'm really happy.

One recovery smoothie later I went and got a haircut (check out next week's Likes and Gripes Tuesdays if you want to hear how it went) and then made pizza with Axel. We stopped on the way home from Schnucks and picked up Courier salads. YUM. The pizza was pretty tasty, too. Axel did a great job on the sauce, but my dough left something to be desired. Next time. We watched I heart Huckabees and I fell asleep.

This morning we missed the Wild Card ride because I was too slow getting out of the house (ugh, sorry!). We did a small loop, but it was really, really cold and windy so that didn't last too long. On the way home we rode through a golf course I didn't know existed and found a not-so-secret portal underneath 57. It was fun. Then me and Axel moved my saddle position around a bit in hopes that it will make my fit better on the bike. We'll see how it goes this week.

Things to Look Forward to This Week:

1. Power Tap?
2. More Grad School *Acceptance* letters?
3. Another quality week of training?
4. Racing at DePauw. (Notice the period at the end of this sentence, indicative of a statement, not a question)

Well that's all I've got for now. It's time to go read for Transportation Planning and other classes before Robin gets here tonight so I can rock out in class tomorrow. Engineers and Planners be ware. Hehehe.

4 comments:

QuickKarl said...

we did appprox 47 miles.
glad, you ladies came out to ride.
Grape Creek is a good area.

Anonymous said...

Yay Depauw!

QuickKarl said...

Good Luck at Depauw..
kick some butt

Anona said...

i <3 I heart huckabees. and haircut? and yes great ride. and yum to pizza. and i like your post.