...fasten your race chains

2.3.09

i have the flu.

yes, it is yucky.  i've lost 5 pounds today.  ugh.  now i'm going to sleep and keep sleeping and drinking H2O until it's gone.

But YES good ride on Saturday!  Grape Creek is a lot of fun--hills!!!  There were 4 women--B.Chan, Jess, Mel, & me--so that made for a good ride in itself.  I didn't feel as strong as I have lately, but it was a hard workout and I'm not used to doing hill circuits really.  Good training.  The So.IL training camp is going to be a tough weekend, but a real treat.  I hope to feel much stronger after it also!  B.Chan did well on the hills and I think the Wildcard guys were all impressed.  

Saturday night Dan & I went dancing at C-Street with our friends Michael & Anna.  It was a really fun night, save that annoying PINK song that was in our heads for the next 48 hours (NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa..).  Of course after the dancing, we went to Merry Anns and ate hashbrowns, then back to Mike & Anna's place where Dan gave Mike a 4:00 am haircut.  Ravishing..  We didn't make it to the 9:00 am ride.  Or our alternative 11:00 am ride.  Or the 3:00 pm ride that I thought might be our last chance.  We spent the night, and when we woke up in the morning Michael and Anna were making breakfast for us!  We ate potato pancakes, fruit, salad, smoothies, coffee... it was delicious.  Then we basked around all day in their cozy and relaxing home... We finally decided to brave the cold and rode home, stopping at Kamakura on the way to eat sushi for dinner.  I rarely stay up all night anymore, so it was really fun to go out with friends and have a lazy "wasted" Sunday!  

So time to sleep and get better so I can get back on the bike sooner...    grrrr to tummy flu.

No comments: