...fasten your race chains

4.3.09

Wednesday!

I thought it was implicit that my "gripe" for Tuesday was the FLU.  I'm pretty much over it now, thanks to lots of sleep and D.Penn being extra sweet and wrapping up my burrito for me to save just after we spent an hour cooking and me deciding I wasn't hungry... yea.. 

Today I got another bike kid to deliver for me at JJ and I worked at the shop instead.  I thought it best to take it easy, so long as the environmental degradation caused by motorized delivery drivers was not on my conscience.  Now I am at home and procrastinating until I get on the trainer for a quick spin.  It was so gorgeous out today, but I gotta work if I am going to ever own these and still expect to live in the luxury that is the Shire and eat fresh veggies during the off-season.  Oh oh oh...   The shop was fun today because I learned how to use the zapper gun and I set up a new blog!  (It's really still under construction so wait a day to click...)

Tomorrow I hope to ride outside.  Friday is what I am saving my energy for though...UNOFFICIAL ST.PATTY's DAY!  That means delivering 9-5 !  If you are a student and drinking yourself silly, please order a sandwich :-)  It should be fun, especially because it is going to be in the 60's !

As we speak, B.Chan is working on updating our look.  Gone are the blasé Becky and Anona: ENTER B.CHAN & MIZ MILES ... in HOT pink & black !  

Last week I was g-chatting with my grrrl Domski and she said something like "I'm going to go hop on my trainer!" and I was like ...hrmm?  This girl doesn't ride bikes..? Well, it turns out that she was INSPIRED by our blog and now she rides an exercise bike!  Props to Ms. Doman and her legs!  

..and one last note: Sprouted soymilk is not good.  Taste can be too green.  I sprouted the beans, and then ground them in my Vitamix like I do with soaked soybeans.  Then, instead of cooking them, I strained the mixture right away.  The result looks like soymilk, but tastes like ... uhh..an unpleasant green.  The taste didn't leave my mouth until lunch (the aforementioned burrito) today after I used the milk in my breakfast muesli.  Tonight I will try cooking it to get rid of the freshly-chopped tree taste and, sadly, kill some of the enzymes.  Some good DID come out of the green soymilk: I saved and dehydrated the sprouted okara to use to make energy bars!  Yum!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't feel bad about cooking your sprouted soy...raw food isn't always good for you, you know...especially beans, as you need to cook some of the toxins out of most of them (grains are different...they need no heat, though cooking does aid digestion)...and losing the enzymes isn't the end of the world as when you cook plants, it breaks down the cell walls making the vitamins more available to your body.

Anonymous said...

I have included "references" to back my claim:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytohaemagglutinin

http://www.edenfoods.com/articles/view.php?articles_id=80

See claim #1 in the second reference.
Hope this helps your pursuit of optimal nutrition!

Anona said...

hahahhahhaa thanks morgan!

i know i know, i'm not too upset about it really. and yesss..i should be careful of those toxins. i guess there are some beans that are better to sprout than others, and i've been trying to stick to the "safe" beans. some things shouldn't be sprouted at all because the toxins are too high or strong or a certain type of toxin..or something. in any case, i'm drinking store-bought soy milk right now :-)

Jess said...

I like the pink ;-)