...fasten your race chains

23.2.09

I discovered podcasts!  B.Chan told me how awesome they are and I finally got around to downloading some.  They are currently being synced to my ipod.  I plan on listening to my first podcast today, so I'll tell you how it goes.  Should I listen to learn Italian?  Kama Sutra?  BBC world news?  Vegan radio?  Democracy Now?  We'll see.  In 32 minutes I am going to be at Lindy's lab riding for one hour for her study--the second part of the VO2 max study.  I won't get my VO2 max this week, but have to wait until next Monday for part three.  Today will be fairly boring: riding for 1 hour at a moderate pace (hence the podcasts).  

Yesterday Axel and D.Penn gave each other haircuts.  Axel's hair looks great...   but Dan now has a shaved line around his ears and his hairline on his neck is about 3 inches shorter from where it would be naturally.  Axel got carried away with the clippers...  I ended up buzzing off the rest of Dan's hair and now it looks alright.  Oh I miss the days of Kiona's Kuts !!!  I miss my mohawk and the z shaved in the back... oh well, I can make pigtails now.  

LIKE & GRIPES Tuesday is almost here!  Today I will make a mental list of all the things that annoy me.  

D.Penn and Axel are going to start a FASTBOYYYZ blog.  Remember, we were first. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did your test in Lindy's lab go today? did you do the 1hr, or get switched to the wingate intervals? oh, and I know my VO2max now...i bet you beat me there, but also i bet i beat you in the wingates! feel my sprinting power!

Anona said...

hahaha fastgrrrlz fastgrrrlz.. yes i did my one hour today. the ultrasound was awesome! i saw and heard my heart beat! I don't know my VO2 yet--i go next monday for the wingate intervals. is it pretty intense? B CHan apparently did quite well on those also.

Axel said...

It's hard to determine where the head hair ends and the neck hair begins...

Anonymous said...

the intervals are pretty intense...it is a maximal power test (used in Lindy's study as a model of intense exercise). Bchan wouldn't tell me how she did on her intervals, though. I do know, though, that I put out almost as much power as the top male in the study...between me, Becky, and Jess, you've got a lot to live up to! good luck!