...fasten your race chains

23.2.09

Welcome Fastboyyyz !
Today D.Penn and Axel launched their own blog. So if you want to hear the OTHER side of the story, check it out.

D.Penn and I had our weekly Monday adventure today (he chronicles the day's events in his blog). The highlight for me, besides stoking the tandem behind a fastboyyy 'round town in the sunshine, would have to be the vegan peanut butter chocolate bars at Strawberry Fields. Absolutely divine. Fudgy dark chocolate on top of creamy sweet peanut butter on top of a chewy chocolate brownie... oh god, so good. Like a Reeses cup, only richer and bigger. Tonight I will dream of swimming in a springform pan of this stuff.. Full of sugar--refined, which I don't like to eat at all if I can help it--and probably a lot of vegan butter substitute, which is usually just canola oil. Whatever. Someday when I am paid to ride my bike I will have an über-light dispenser for vegan peanut butter chocolate stuff installed in my downtube.

Dan also picked up these vegan hot dogs that he was pretty excited about...I'll let him tell you though. They are good--they taste like...hot dogs.

Part two of the test went well today, if a little long and boring. I quickly lost interest in the Vegan podcast because they didn't talk about food, so I switched to the Swingers podcast. It's not really my bag. I think I'll stick with BBC World News. The coolest part of the study today was seeing my heart beating with an ultrasound. It's globby and sloppy and oozey. I can't believe it keeps me alive. I heart my heart.

Tomorrow in Anatomy & Physiology we are taking the tissues practical. Everyone is freaking out. I think I'll ace it. Small potholes have become Hyaline Tissue (nose; serves as protection) and the really torn up streets are Elastic Cartilage (external ear; flexible but maintains rigidity). Fibrous Cartilage is Van Gogh; Bone Tissue is a 70s owl knick-knack at a thrift shop. Quite simple, really...



1 comment:

bCHAN said...

Is that an ad I see below?!?! YUS!