...fasten your race chains

16.2.09

Yum yum sprouted quinoa & millet :-)

Highlights of the past few days... Hm Friday delivering was awesome: I made 35 deliveries and it all averaged out to about $20 an hour. I've been thinking about the capitalist leisure/labor dichotomy and I think I am beating it.. !

Saturday my mom and sis came to visit. Mom fell in love with Nick's kitty and Roz fell in love with the Gary Fisher Simplecity.  It was the perfect bike for her, but I still want to get that girl on a road bike.  Then we went shopping...  which was good because now I have jeans that fit my growing thighs :-)  It was good to do girly things.  
Saturday night we made tacos and played Scattergories.  It's really a dumb game...  Still D.Penn had some trouble grasping the concept of the game.  For # 1 on list 5 he thought of 8 sandwiches that started with 'R'.  Maybe he is just taking it to the next level...

Sunday, Mom, Roz and I had brekkie at Strawberry Fields.  There was a string quartet playing and we ate bread and jam and lattes.  After that I bought a bunch of new seeds to sprout: red clover, alfalfa, radish, mung bean, rye berries and hard red winter wheat.  Yay!  Growing plants!  

Mom & Roz left and I studied for my tissues practicum by drawing cells with pink and purple colored pencils.  Overall a really nice weekend!  ...took Sunday off and today (my rest day) I'll take a ride at noon.  It's the end of my rest week so it's fine to take it easy. 

AND a new reader!  My very own Emily Doman, a non-cyclist, read "every word" of our blog and loved it!  Mad props and maybe a R.W. award if the committee approves. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, new reader I am!!!! Hi, everyone...I wish I was a fastgrrrrrrrl.