...fasten your race chains

7.2.09

springWOW !

It's warm outside! Nick even took Axel's home-made felt curtain off the kitchen window to let the sun in. Garbanzo & lentil sprouts look extra happy today; their shoots turned green from being by the window. Ah February, you tease me...

Last night's Pasta Dinner was a success--thanks Nick! Thick! There was plenty of food for all and even more booze. (Bota Box, PBR, Modelo in a can, and, my personal fave, Mickey's!)  Nick did a great job with the marinara, which, incidentally, must be a deejay's favorite sauce...

Thursday I did my VO2 max test finally.  The intensity got difficult pretty quickly... I'm not sure how long I lasted exactly, and I don't find out my score until I go for two more sessions.  Lindy, the woman who is doing the study, wants to make sure we continue to participate, so she doesn't tell us until the end.  I didn't feel as though I went as hard as possible though...it was weird.  But Lindy was excited about my numbers, so that was encouraging.

Yesterday was a fabulous day for delivering!  It was about 45 and sunny.  I feel so free riding around...it's a fun game, trying to go as fast as possible without crashing.  I'm surprised I haven't been hit by a car or crashed yet.  Yesterday the traffic was kind of heavy, which I think makes it more fun sometimes.  At the end of the day I got a big wire stuck in my tire and it flatted; I didn't have the tools to fix it either, so I walked back to the Shire.  It occurred to me that I've never been able to successfully mount my hardcases on my deep v's so I'm not sure how I would fix a flat anyways.  A few more weeks working with those 8 pound dumbbells and maybe...

Group ride at noon!  Sparkly bright day.  So excited to ride.     (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Question:  Does Parkland have a cycling club/team?  They have a "Magic" players student organization...  If they don't have one, maybe I WILL start one.  




No comments: