...fasten your race chains

5.2.09

SO delivering yesterday wasn't so bad; I wore six layers on top, 4 on bottom, 2 pairs of wool socks, a balaclava, hat, hood, lobsters, booties... I was fairly warm and the roads were finally clear. And no one used my favorite excuse "Oh, I don't have any more money on my credit card to tip you.." so it was a good day. After work I came home and made a Peanut Butter Mousse Cake. I've made the same cake probably 10 times before, all with good results, but this time something didn't go right. The mousse is usually creamy and rich, but this time it turned out bland and kind of stiffly gelatinous. I must have forgotten at least a tablespoon of PB. Also maybe I put in too much agar-agar (this makes the mousse gel a little bit so it doesn't end up like pudding)--too much of it can make things almost too stiff; imagine too-thick jello. The bottom "blondie" layer is delicious though. In any case, I'll probably have to make the whole cake again just to set things straight, By this time I'll be sick of eating peanut butter mousse cake so someone else will have to rise to the occasion.... B.Chan?

Today I have my VO2 test for real. And class. And it is 6 degrees! We're heating up! AND it's almost time to name a new Reader of the Week! Get excited.

No comments: