...fasten your race chains

24.2.09

Ittt'ssss Tuesday!

LIKES AND GRIPES TUESDAYS

(A. Miles, chime in here when you wake up ;)  I'm up!  I'm up!  And eating a huge bowl of sprouted muesli!

Likes

1. Tongue Scrapers in concert with a good brushing and flossing before bed. Yes, I am aware that bacteria reproduce at a rate far faster than I can scrape them off my tongue. I don't care.

2. Pineapple. It's sweet. It's tart. And ohmahgoodness does it have a lot of Vitamin C.  Duh kids...I have a 6 inch piña tattooed on my bicep.  Love them.  Or any fruit for that matter.  In Ecuador I once ate a 10 inch long watermelon in once sitting.  Routinely, I would buy rugby-ball sized papayas and eat them for brekkie.  Yumzorz.  

3. Sunshine and temperatures above freezing in February.

4. Thinking of gripes...

Gripes

1. Certain not-to-be-publicly-named urban planners and engineers in a certain not-to-be-publicly-named urban planning and civil engineering class. Planning is supposed to be visionary. I don't want to be "That Girl" but y'all are leaving me no choice! I really hope you aren't the ones managing any city I live in in the near future.

2. Garlic breath. I have never, ever in my life had anything that I thought was too garlic-y. Good thing I have a tongue scraper.

3. Cutting down trees. As I was leaving for work this morning my neighbors were having a huge tree cut down in their front yard. Sad.

4. Running out of coffee. A word to the wise: it's dangerous to get between a Fastgrrrl and her cup o' joe.

5. The 'P' key on my laptop is all sticky. Really annoying.  The reason I didn't let anyone use my computer for so long was so that when the 'P' key stopped working, I would know exactly when it stopped and why it stopped.  Now how am I to identify what happened exactly?  What kind of goo got in there and made it stick?  Ugh.  The things I give up to be a normal generous member of this household...  

6. Federal money that is allocated for finding a cure for cancer. Of course I wish we could cure cancer...I would have to be a complete sadist to not.. BUT what about prevention?  ...keep funding the American Dairy Association  and keep feeding kids shit in public schools...make sure the interests of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association are in mind when you produce a "food triangle"...  This nation's "dietary recommendations" doctrine is killing us pretty quickly.  Ugh.  This is so frustrating.  Here, read The China Study.  Instead of finding a cure for cancer, I suggest eating plants.  It's really not that difficult.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is impossible to have too much garlic...or onion, for that matter.

And why even spend money on cancer prevention? (at least the kind that can be prevented via lifestyle...I'm all about preventing the cancers that afflict people who did nothing wrong, such as leukemia, lymphoma, most breast cancers, etc) If people are stupid enough to think that McDonalds and the like provide complete meals, maybe natural selection doesn't want those people in the first place.

Anona said...

1. you don't have to have meat. i get along swoll-ly without it.

2. i didnt mean spend $$$ on prevention. i mean, broadly speaking, address prevention. and i dont mean just mcdonalds and stuff..