...fasten your race chains

10.2.09

Props to Karl, our Reader of the Week! (Everyone else just chill out...you might be next!)

The weekend was nothing short of fantastic, and February is STILL teasing us with good weather! Sunday I went on the Druber ride for the first time. There were 6 of us; Druber was actually on vacay in CA, so it was me, Penner, Joe & his dad, Jess, and Broglio. The ride was super smooth and perfect pace. I told Dan it's nice to finally be strong enough to not feel like I'm flailing about on the tail of a fire-breathing dragon while trying to hang on at the end of the pack. I feel strong! I can take pulls without feeling like I'll bonk as soon as I get off the front! Yay!

Monday I went out with D.Penn and Joe and it was super windy, but we rode in just shorts and short-sleeves--didn't even need arm warmers. After the ride Dan and I made a bomb-ass stir-fry with baby bok choy, shitakes, red pepper, and bean sprouts. Yumzorz. Then we got the mmmunchies later and ate dark chocolate covered almonds like they were popcorn...

Today it was beautiful again, but I had school and lifted instead of rode. My legs needed a rest; tomorrow I'm delivering

Had a funny altercation with a car today!!! I was carrying a package on my bike and so I was awkward stopping at a red light. I stopped, but then rolled slowly forward and bumped the SUV stopped in front of me with my tire. I wasn't actually sure if I had hit the car or not, because it was so gentle--I just thought it was silly of me to get so close. The light turned green and I went through the intersection and got off my bike to walk into the strip-mall parking lot (I was going to the UPS store). The lady whose SUV I bumped pulled into a parking lot and got out and yelled across the intersection at me "DID YOU HIT MY CAR?" I kind of laughed because I couldn't believe she cared that much, and I said "Yes, I bumped it with my bicycle tire..sorry." She got back in her SUV and drove into the strip mall parking lot and met me at the UPS store. She rolled her window down and asked me if I hit her car. I said that I did, but it was so soft that I thought it was a non-issue. She said "Well, if you were in a motorized vehicle we would have stopped and exchanged insurance information! It's the same thing!" and I said "Um no, it's not really." She said "Well you could at least apologize for it!" ..and I said "Sorry I hit your..SUV with my BICYCLE!" and she said "You are a SNOTTY LITTLE BABY!" and made crying noises. I said "...Ok Maybe I am...but at least I'm not a FAT ASS BITCH!" and she drove away.

I mean seriously? I could have (should have?) just been really sweet up front and said "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to get that close; was there any damage?" but I couldn't believe she was actually thinking that I could have damaged her SUV with my BIKE! I know some people are anal about their cars, but this wasn't that special..it was just a normal dirty Mercury SUV. Stupid betch. Wish I had slammed my U-lock into her window!

No comments: